Senior Edge Developer (HK)
Type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Energybox creates leading edge IoT solutions in a fully-vertically integrated SaaS platform. With sensors that monitor temperature, humidity, access, energy use and more; a patented cloud-based platform; and business-intelligence software; Our solutions and software track equipment and facilities across multiple locations in real time, so our customers can improve efficiency, save money, mitigate risk and put valuable resources to better use.
Energybox is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual who has a healthy disregard for the impossible and views a challenge as the necessary inspiration to create a legacy. This unique opportunity is a Senior Edge Developer position, based at our Hong Kong office in Kwun Tong. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to work with a world class international team that is revolutionizing the way people live with energy. The candidate will be integral in a wide variety of global projects ranging from product launches to branding initiatives.
Required person’s mindset:
- Strong leadership, flexibility, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Assertive, well-organized, analytical and having good problem-solving skills
- Teamplayer within a company that rewards competence, performance and teamwork
- Drive to excel and result orientation
- Innovation and Simplicity is key in our business
- Customer Delight mindset
- Wants to make a difference
- Driven by passion
- Resonance with our values: People, Simplicity, Delight Customers, Passion and Sustainability
About your job:
- Development innovative IoT applications that make businesses more sustainable
- Be part of a team that embraces modern agile development
- Work with Java (Spring-Framework), REST-APIs, MQTT/Protobuf, Git, Cisco IoT and many more.
- Several years of experience with agile development, Java, REST APIs
- Solid understanding of Linux, networking, containers, and computer architecture concepts
- Experience with building, deploying and maintaining Linux based IoT applications
- Experience with at least one device- / configuration-management platform
- Strong software development skills in Java
- Experience with handling, storing and transmitting sensor-data, message brokers and databases
- Comfortable with Python and Bash
- Basic dev-ops experience for creating build-pipelines and test-automation
- You want to stay technically up-to-date and you enjoy sharing this knowledge
- Cherish clean code and good software craftsmanship
- Fluent in English
- Team player with a get-things-done attitude
- Customer-focused end-to-end mentality
Energybox is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.