Senior Backend Developer
Energybox creates leading edge IoT solutions in a fully-vertically integrated SaaS platform. With sensors that monitor temperature, humidity, access, energy use and more; a patented cloud-based platform; and business-intelligence software; Our solutions and software track equipment and facilities across multiple locations in real time, so our customers can improve efficiency, save money, mitigate risk and put valuable resources to better use.
Energybox is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual who has a healthy disregard for the impossible and views a challenge as the necessary inspiration to create a legacy. This unique opportunity is a Backend Developer position, based at our Germany office in Cologne. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to work with a world class international team that is revolutionizing the way people live with energy. The candidate will be integral in a wide variety of global projects ranging from product launches to branding initiatives.
Required person’s mindset
- Strong leadership, flexibility, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Assertive, well-organized, analytical and having good problem-solving skills
- Teamplayer within a company that rewards competence, performance and teamwork
- Drive to excel and result orientation
- Innovation and Simplicity is key in our business
- Customer Delight mindset
- Wants to make a difference
- Driven by passion
- Resonance with our values: People, Simplicity, Delight Customers, Passion and Sustainability
About your job
- Be part of the global team, share responsible, share effort, and joy as ONE team
- Responsible for development implementation, deployment and testing of cloud application
- Participate in gathering user requirements, system analysis, design and performance tuning
- Produce high quality deliverables based on thorough understanding of business requirements
- Provide technical support during development, UAT and production
- Provide documentation on functional and technical specifications
- Debugging whereas necessary
- Proficiency in Java and Spring framework: Web/MVC, REST, Data, JPA, AOP
- Strong Knowledge on Relational DB ( MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle ), Document DB ( Mongo, CouchDB or DynamoDB )
- Comfortable in a Linux/Unix environment
- Master in computer science, or related discipline or solid hands-on experience on software development.
- 5 years+ working experience on related development field
- Sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Proven object-oriented design skills and able to find creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, internet security and networking fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- Experience in supporting high-traffic, high-throughput, distributed real-time systems and services
- Experience in automated software testing
- Comfortable using GIT and Docker containers
- Experience in working with AWS Cloud services or Google Cloud
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience with Streaming Platforms and Message Brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ etc) and Reactive Programming is a big plus
- Knowledge or experience with AWS IoT or Google IoT is a big plus
- Experience with Graph Databases, Time Series Databases
- Experience with CD / CI : Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Any knowledge or experience on energy efficiency, green building and building management system technology
- Experience in Edge Computing practises will be considered a big plus.
Energybox is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.