IoT Solutions Application Engineer
Type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Energybox creates leading edge IoT solutions in a fully-vertically integrated SaaS platform. With sensors that monitor temperature, humidity, access, energy use and more; a patented cloud-based platform; and business-intelligence software; Our solutions and software track equipment and facilities across multiple locations in real time, so our customers can improve efficiency, save money, mitigate risk and put valuable resources to better use.
Energybox is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual who has a healthy disregard for the impossible and views a challenge as the necessary inspiration to create a legacy. This unique opportunity is an IoT Solutions Application Engineer position, based at our Hong Kong office in Kwun Tong. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to work with a world class international team that is revolutionizing the way people live with energy. The candidate will be integral in a wide variety of global projects ranging from product launches to branding initiatives.
Required person’s mindset:
- Strong leadership, flexibility, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Assertive, well-organized, analytical and having good problem-solving skills
- Teamplayer within a company that rewards competence, performance and teamwork
- Drive to excel and result orientation
- Innovation and Simplicity is key in our business
- Customer Delight mindset
- Wants to make a difference
- Driven by passion
- Resonance with our values: People, Simplicity, Delight Customers, Passion and Sustainability
About your job:
- Develop technical solutions for our customers based on platform capabilities
- Create technical documentation on customer projects
- Work with an international team across time zones
- Conduct products/projects installation following requirements, plans and master schedule
- Frequent application of standards and techniques in the field
- Implement frequent platform configurations
- Work closely with installers and system integrators in the field
- Review and comment on customer requirement with the specification in design
- Prepare project files with schematics, wiring diagrams and budget
- Communicate with clients, suppliers and vendors
- Stand as the technical liaison, collaborate with internal sales, marketing and services teams to develop customized presentations, demos, prototypes and trials
- Manage customer trials, ensuring that they are engaged with the product, the trial, and moving toward a resulting solution
- A deep understanding of the company platform, working closely with partners to resolve critical technical issues
- The ability to discuss and evaluate client projects with a high level of precise articulation, taking their project requirements into consideration.
- Provide appropriate equipment recommendations based on the customers’ needs.
- Build good rapport with customers. Make things happen to satisfy the needs of our customers.
- Provide competitive technical and market feedback to the company.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all key accounts.
- Trade show participation and attendance, as agreed upon.
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Software engineering related disciplines
- Up to 8 years experience in electronics field
- Affinity with Software platforms
- Baseline understanding of power electrics, RF transmission and related mechanics
- Being able to draft reliability prediction and failure modes and effect analysis understanding
- Fluent in English and Mandarin , with Electrical license is a major advantage
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating value of Business Intelligence platforms
- Ability to influence sales, technical and executive audiences
- Savvy presentation and demonstration skills, fluidly translating complex technology concepts
- Advocate for team selling, partnering with sales to qualify opportunity and align key customer stakeholders
- Interest to work with partners in Asia Pacific Countries
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Wants to make a difference and win
Energybox is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.